What if your own in-house applications were as easy to deploy as BitNami stacks? We’re excited to announce that we are now looking for beta users of BitNami Studio, our new offering that enables you to create customized, ready-to-run virtual machine or cloud images for your own internal applications or open source applications in minutes.
The goal of BitNami Studio is to make it easy for you to build, clone, edit, and test your own application stacks. It is extremely flexible and allows you to customize each layer of the stack – the application, the runtime, the operating system and the deployment format (currently virtual and cloud deployment formats are supported.) You can use BitNami Studio to: build stacks with your latest code for testing purposes, create customized demos for prospects, provide evaluation copies of your software in multiple formats to reach new users, create and share standardized development environments throughout your organization and more. We’ll discuss use cases for BitNami Studio in greater detail in future blog posts.
- Is Cross-platform and Distribution Agnostic: BitNami Studio works with the Linux distribution of your choice and, soon, Windows. Choose from existing Ubuntu, SuSE, CentOS or Red Hat Linux distribution templates or import your own.
- Allows You to Package the Components of Your Choice: Choose from a wide array of open source and commercial packages which are pre-compiled, pre-configured and ready to run, including Apache, MySQL, PHP, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and many more.
- Is Cloud and Virtualization-Ready: Support the leading cloud and virtualization platforms, including VMWare and Amazon EC2.
- Is Application and Middleware-Focused: Offers a wide range of components and fine-grained control of versions and configuration options.
- Provides An Open Platform: Upload your own applications, components and scripts, connect to your internal software repositories or to external services.
- Is Available Hosted or On-Site: Take advantage of our hosted SaaS offering or install BitNami Studio behind your firewall.
- Serves as a Repository for Your Stacks: Create standardized server templates and save stack definitions for re-use across the enterprise, saving time and facilitating self-service IT.
- Provides Role-Based Controls: Role-based access controls allow you to limit access to stacks and components for accountability and security purposes.
To learn more, take a quick tour of BitNami Studio. To enroll in our beta program, visit our beta sign up page. If you have questions or are looking for features that aren’t listed above, contact us.