A new version of BitNami RubyStack has been released!
This version includes ready to run versions of two popular projects for Rails developers:
- Git, an open source version control system designed to handle very large projects with speed and efficiency
- Nginx, a lightweight HTTP and proxy server server (currently only included in OS X and Linux stacks)
In addition to the above, with this new version you can enjoy new and updated gems, right out of the box, including:
- thin: is a web server that brings together mongrel parser, event machine and rack.
- rack: a minimal interface between web servers and Ruby frameworks.
- eventmachine: a network I/O library with extremely high scalability, performance and stability.
- god: is a tool that monitors various attributes of running processes and can start/restart/stop them under certain situations.
- beanstalk-client: A Ruby client library for the Beanstalk protocol.
- webrat: lets you quickly write robust and thorough acceptance tests for a Ruby web application.
and many more…
You can download RubyStack at http://www.bitnami.org/stack/rubystack In less than a 5 minutes you will have a complete Rails environment with Apache, PHP and MySQL on Windows, Linux and OS X
You can join our community and leave your feedback in our RubyStack forum