This forum is no longer active. Please post your questions to our new community site

Forums MAMPStack

Change default IP (127.0.0.1:8080) for IP Custom

Subscribe to Change default IP (127.0.0.1:8080) for IP Custom 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Hello Bitnami’s,

This is my first post here on the forum … I found the page of downloads Bitnami in the Apple.Inc. and I loved the solution developed for you … now I can study and learn the programs and still quietly hope to contribute to a better development of Bitnami, too.

So is the following:

After I install MAMP do not make public BitNami Stack … I read and follow all instructions on the page:

https://bitnami.com/article/how-to-install-and-m…

also read and follow the instructions of mampstack.pdf (which could be out of the installer, allowing to read before installation).

However, none of them can instruct me to solve. because I do not know what all the files that have references to the default IP (127.0.0.1:8080) to be changed to the IP I want, in my case is (192.168.1.102:80).

I wonder what and where should I make changes to a default IP of customizable IP.

Thank this has the support of all …

Hello BitNami’s

To add more information to initial post is:

When I make changes according to the manual mampstack.pdf to change the default listening port for Apache, I get the following error in error_log:

[12:51] Syntax OK
(13) Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]: 80
(13) Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
No listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
/ Applications/mampstack-1.1-4/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh: httpd could not be started

Mampstack.pdf described in the manual is the following sentence:

On Unix, to be able to bind to a port below 1024, you need to be a privileged user. Log in the root or issue the ‘su’ command and try to start the server again.

I think my problem is even with the port 80, I would like to know, how to MAMPStack of Apache has permission to access port 80.

Avatar Beltrán Rueda Administrator 3,714 post(s)

Hi Guile,

This is my first post here on the forum … I found the page of downloads Bitnami in the Apple.Inc. and I loved the solution developed for you … now I can study and learn the programs and still quietly hope to contribute to a better development of Bitnami, too.

We are glad to hear this!

If you want to use the port 80, you should install as root user and you should also start the servers using “sudo”. Try the following:

$ cd /Applications/mampstack-(version)
$ sudo ./ctlscript.sh start

If you get this error:

[12:51] Syntax OK
(13) Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]: 80
(13) Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 

it is possible that other application has binded the 80 port. You should stop this application before starting the Stack servers.

About the IP, it is not necessary to configure it. Only some applications require to specify the public IP address, for example Wordpress or Gallery and it is showed during the installation.

I hope it helps.

Forums MAMPStack