This forum is no longer active. Please post your questions to our new community site

Bitnami Rubystack terminates abruptly

Subscribe to Bitnami Rubystack terminates abruptly 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

 
Avatar andrew_mv 5 post(s)

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the Bitnami RubyStack terminates abruptly when it runs continuously for more that 24 hrs. The following error was observed in the logs prior to termination.
“C:/Program Files/BitNami RubyStack/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.
5/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:589: [BUG] Segmentation
fault
ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i386-mswin32]

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information."

Wonder what the problem could be …?

 
Avatar carlos Administrator 144 post(s)

Hi,

I’m not sure what can be the reason for this error. You may try adding reconnect option in config/database.yml to avoid possible timeout problems:

...
production:
  adapter: mysql
  database: *********
  host: localhost  
  reconnect: true
...

If you keep getting errors after this, you may think about upgrading RubyStack. It can be a bug related with ruby itself. You are currently running Ruby with patchlevel 72 and latest revision is 249.

I hope it helps

 
Avatar andrew_mv 5 post(s)

Hi Carlos,

I added the line to database.yml file, as suggested. However the problem persists. The problem seems to occur only after a considerable period of inactivity. It works fine from morn to evening and when I try to login the next day, it throws up the error and terminates. I will try to update ruby and keep you posted about any progress in this regard.

Thank You for your help and time

Regards,
Andrew

 
Avatar tasman 2 post(s)

Hi guys,

I observe this issue with redmine app just installed on windows. It crashes in the mornings with the same error message.

Found issue discussion at http://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/11656 and it seems older version of libmysql.dll fixes the problem.
I’ll keep it running at my host and write back whether it helps or not.

 
Avatar tasman 2 post(s)

Just figured out it is possible to tweak mysql timeout by definining wait_timeout parameter in mysql\my.ini, so the issue can be reproduced in a short interval.

My ‘conclusion’ is: ‘reconnect: true’ setting does the job as well and seems safer solution than using out-of-date binaries, though with the older mysql DLL redmine also works great without this option.