This forum is no longer active. Please post your questions to our new community site

Forums Trac

500 Internal Server Error

Subscribe to 500 Internal Server Error 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Hello,

I just installed the BitNami Trac software on my Windows XP System. The install went fine, but when I click on the “Access BitNami Trac Stack”, I get the error message noted in the subject-line.

With respect to the Apache error- and access-logs, the last two lines of the error.log are:

[Thu Apr 21 14:39:52 2011] [error] [client 10.0.0.2] ImportError: No module named trac.web.modpython_frontend, referer: http://poisson/
[Thu Apr 21 14:39:52 2011] [error] [client 10.0.0.2] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/BitNami Trac Stack/apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico

Suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you,

Michael.

Avatar Beltrán Rueda Administrator 3,714 post(s)

Hi,

It is strange we can not reproduce it on our side. Do you have another Python installed on your system? Trac now is configured to work with mod_wsgi instead of mod_python.

Good morning,

Yes, my fault. I tried to install Trac/SVN through one of the many references I found on-line; bad idea – too much noise and “knowledge.”

After removing all pre-existing installations of Python and rebooting my system the install went fine and the 500-error was not longer present.

Thanks,

Michael.

Avatar Beltrán Rueda Administrator 3,714 post(s)

I’m glad to hear you fixed the issue.

Forums Trac