A couple of weeks ago, we released an updated Redmine Stack for Redmine 1.0. If you’re not familiar with Redmine, it is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database. It includes support for multiple projects, role based access control, issue tracking, a Gantt chart, calendar, wikis, forums, time tracking and more.
The 1.0 release of Redmine is a major milestone and we’d like to congratulate and thank everyone in the Redmine project who worked on it. It includes a long list of improvements, such as:
- Subtasks: You can now create subtasks and the parent task’s percentage complete will be calculated based on the completion of the subtasks.
- Allow start date and due dates to be set via incoming email.
- Ability to edit wiki sidebar.
- Create links to other projects on wikis.
- Add pagination to forum threads.
- Rest API for Issues: Get a list of issues, create a new issue, update an existing issue, delete an issue.
- Add support for alternate (non-LDAP) authentication.
- Provide a description preview while editing an issue.