We’re happy to announce the release of JRubyStack for Linux, Windows and OS X.
JRuby is a 100% Java implementation of the Ruby programming language. It is Ruby for the JVM. JRuby provides a complete set of core “builtin” classes and syntax for the Ruby language, as well as most of the Ruby Standard Libraries.
The BitNami JRubyStack includes ready-to-run versions of JRuby, Rails, Java, Tomcat, GlassFish gem, MySQL and Subversion. With JRubyStack you can:
- Develop your JRuby on Rails application using Java from Ruby.
- Launch your application with the GlassFish server thanks to the GlassFish gem.
- Make a .war file out of your application in 3 simple steps (see Quick Start Guide for details).
- Deploy it to the bundled Tomcat.
- Commit and Checkout your code with the subversion client.
Check it out and let us know what you think in our forums.