WordPress is one of the world’s most popular web publishing platforms for building blogs and websites. It can be customized via a wide selection of themes, extensions and plug-ins.
Why use Bitnami WordPress?
Bitnami makes it easy to run WordPress in the cloud, virtually or locally in mere minutes. Bitnami WordPress is
- Up-to-date: We track every release of WordPress and update our stack shortly after it's released.
- Secure: If ever vulnerabilities or serious security issues are discovered, we provide new versions of WordPress as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix.
- Consistent: We package WordPress consistently every time so that the experience of deploying natively, as a virtual machine or hosting it in the cloud is nearly identical.
- Free: The Bitnami WordPress stack is distributed free under the Apache 2.0 license.
We take care of compiling and configuring WordPress and all of its dependencies (third-party libraries, runtime, and database) so it works out-of-the-box. With Bitnami WordPress, you can:
- Experiment with an unlimited number of demos or plugins
- Deploy it quickly, easily and consistently
- Develop proof-of-concepts for your clients
- Save money and improve reliability
- Host WordPress in the cloud
WordPress is a popular blogging software and powers more than 10% of all websites globally. Developed by Automattic, WordPress rose to popularity quickly because of it's up-to-date development framework, extensive feature set, flexibility, rapid and multilingual publishing ability, multi-author support, and thriving community. Thousands of free and commercial themes and plugins are available to extend and personalize WordPress for just about every situation.
WordPress Hosting versus WordPress Cloud Hosting
There are many options for hosting WordPress, including scores of ISPs. Typically if you pay an ISP more money, you get more hands-on services, but after WordPress is initially configured, you may not need these costly monthly services. Cloud hosting has the many advantages over traditional ISP hosting including the efficiency, reliability and scalability that comes with the shared resources of cloud operations. In addition, cloud prices are dropping every few months and that savings is passed onto cloud customers.
A major hurdle for WordPress Hosting has been the difficulty of set up, configuration, and maintenance. That's where Bitnami can help. Our one-click images make it incredibly simple to launch WordPress in the cloud. In minutes you can have WordPress up-and-running, easily set the size of your servers, and monitor monthly costs - all without having to be an IT professional.
With Bitnami, you can launch your WordPress instance in either the Amazon, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform clouds. Bitnami offers an easy-to-use Web management console for both Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google users. Find out more about Bitnami Cloud Hosting for AWS, the Bitnami Launchpad for Microsoft Azure and the Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform.
WordPress features include
- Rich text and HTML editing
- User roles and permissions
- Hundreds of themes, many optimized for mobile users
- Thousands of add-ons for ecommerce, SEO, email, spam filtering, analytics and more
- Multi-user and multi-blogging capabilities
- Multilingual support
- SEO optimized
- Plugin architecture and template engine
WordPress is a powerful and flexible blog publishing platform. While it's best known and arguably most widely used for blogging, dozens of different solutions have been built by WordPress users. WordPress can be used for just about any online publishing scenario and can easily be extended with free or commercial plugins and add-ons. Some solutions include:
Build a blog or website
Install WordPress on your desktop, customize it and migrate it to the cloud or to another public hosting provider when you're ready.
Create a portfolio
WordPress is ideal for creating portfolios for photographers, videographers, writers and others who have a large body of work. There are many optional themes available for displaying portfolios.
Launch a store
WordPress is way more than a blog. Many people use it for building portfolios, as landing pages, and even for e-commerce (there are several plugins to choose from).
Your unique solution here
The beauty of WordPress is how flexible it is for building just about any publishing solution you can conceive of. And with Bitnami, you're 2-minutes away from launch.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What components are included with an installation?
See our complete and up-to-date read me document for the specific names and versions of all open source components included.
- Is it safe?
- What kind of support do you provide?
We offer a bunch of free resources for Bitnami users including:
Reviews of Bitnami WordPress Write a Review →
i'm a beginner to Bitnami wordpress.....and i'm enjoying. Now i'm recommending to all of my friends who is with me.
And I also got recommended by my brother who is using this awesome tool.
I said this tool is great because it has lots of features given below.
3. search engine optimized .
5. easy installation and upgrades.
6. this tool provides freedom to use for free.
7. lots of free themes.
My advice is i'm using it and enjoying u also try once then u gonna love it..
I use Bitnami for local development and to try new versions of WordPress or install and check new plugins, if you wont to work on your local machine in a safe way i think this is one of the best solutions you will find
It's and will always be the best for beginners bloggers, with all his plugins, you can do a forum, a shop, or anything on a blog!
Wordpress app is truly in-genius in the way it makes website development a breeze. Painful processes of step-by-step customizations can now be avoided with this user-friendly app which allows for simplicity, but at the same time, flexibility for those who require it.
I run this bitnami stack for a large e-commerce website and it rocks! love the community and documentation that is on the site.