Drupal is one of the most versatile open source content management systems on the market. Over a thousand developers contributed to the code in the most recent version. Drupal is built for high performance and is scalable to many servers, has easy integration via REST, JSON, SOAP and other formats, and features a whopping 15,000 plugins to extend and customize the application for just about any type of website. You won’t feel alone if you use Drupal; the hundreds of thousands of Drupal users around the world have built a very robust community with local meetups and global user conferences.
Need Drupal Training?
We have partnered with php[architect] to offer Developing on Drupal for developers who need to leverage Drupal’s extensibility to create powerful content applications. Each student receives 3 free months of Bitnami Cloud hosting!
Drupal includes comprehensive content management features, including the ability to create new content types and import content from other sources. Drupal modules make it possible to add nearly unlimited functionality, ranging from photo galleries to e-commerce workflows, and extensive free documentation enables both new users and expert developers to quickly start using and developing with Drupal.
Bitnami Drupal Stack
The Bitnami Drupal Stack is an installer that greatly simplifies the deployment of Drupal and its runtime dependencies. You can use it to run Drupal in the cloud, virtually or locally, in mere minutes. Important advantages of the Bitnami Drupal Stack are:
- Simple: Installing Drupal can sometimes be complex or confusing to new users. Our stack includes all the necessary dependencies (including Apache, MySQL and PHP) so you don't need to download or configure anything to get started.
- Fast: Our stack has Drupal and all its dependencies pre-configured so you can start building a Drupal website instantly.
- Secure: We update our Drupal stack every time a new Drupal version is released, ensuring you always have the latest security and bug fixes.
- Free: Our stack is freely available under the Apache 2.0 license (individual components may have different licenses).
Drupal Cloud Hosting with Bitnami
Typically, getting Drupal configured and working perfectly requires some time and effort. Although you can do this yourself (or pay your hosting provider to do it for you), a simpler approach is to combine the Bitnami Drupal Stack with Bitnami's cloud hosting options. With this solution, you get all the efficiency and scalability of true cloud hosting, plus a one-click install process that automatically and instantly gives you a pre-configured Drupal instance.
Some of the key benefits of hosting your Drupal website with Bitnami are:
- One-click install: The Bitnami Drupal Stack comes with everything pre-configured, so you can begin using
- Backups: With Bitnami's Web-based dashboard, you can back up your Drupal website hourly, daily or weekly. Backups can be easily restored, giving you maximum peace of mind.
- Monitoring: You can easily monitor your Drupal server in the cloud, keep track of performance and optimize as needed.
- Cloning: Cloning eases troubleshooting, because you can analyze and debug website issues by exactly replicating production servers.
- Scalability: As your website grows in popularity, Bitnami's Web-based control panel lets you easily add new cloud servers or upgrade existing ones to handle the increased traffic.
- Consistency: Bitnami's Drupal Stack works the same way locally and in the cloud. This allows you to seamlessly shift from working offline on your laptop to online in the cloud, with full confidence that your changes will work without any reconfiguration needed.
With Bitnami, you can launch your Drupal instance in either the Amazon, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform clouds. Bitnami offers an easy-to-use Web management console for both Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google users. Find out more about Bitnami Cloud Hosting for AWS, the Bitnami Launchpad for Microsoft Azure and the Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform.
Bitnami Drupal Stack Usage
The Bitnami Drupal Stack makes it easy to create content-driven websites and web applications with Drupal. Some examples include:
Personal portfolio website
Use Drupal to tell the world about yourself, your company and your work. Modules are available to easily add photo galleries and support social media and it's easy to create a theme that reflects your personality and style.
Drupal is used by large, well-known websites, including those belonging to the University of Oxford and the White House. It includes professional content management and collaboration tools and is scalable to high workloads.
Drupal can power an e-commerce website. Modules are available for payment and shipping integration, notifications, order management and shopping cart workflows, and it's easy to find or develop themes for online storefronts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What components are included with an installation?
See our complete and up-to-date read me document for the specific names and versions of all open source components included.
- Is it safe?
- What kind of support do you provide?
We offer a bunch of free resources for Bitnami users including:
Reviews of Bitnami Drupal Write a Review →
I´m a drupal Developer from Austria, Vienna, and i love the Drupal bitnami Stack. It is very simple to use and very fast.
I´m developing my Site with this Stack, http://zlosch.com
I have been using different CMS's for many years. I was a little set in my ways until I realized how good Drupal really was. Bitnami gave me a great avenue to test Drupal and offer test instances to the group I manage. We can all go nutz and develop our own creative thoughts and not mess up the live install. You can have a full Drupal install up in less than 3 min. Love it, Love it. Thank you bitnami!
Drupal has been my platform of choice for an CMS - the developer-friendly, highly customizable robust platform should be your choice if you know your way around code and prefer something more hackable then Wordpress.
Using Drupal via bitnami takes the pain out of installing, configuring and managing the setup. With once-click ease I have an secure and up-to-date, ready-to-go installation.
I find this a great engine to help me with theme generation (as the extensions) and RSS feeds. Also is a very handy tool when learning basic databasing in SQL.