About Bitnami GitLab CE Stack
GitLab CE is an open source, cloud-based Git repository and version control system used by thousands of organizations worldwide. Written in Ruby, GitLab CE includes a host of features that enable software development teams to consolidate source code, track and manage releases, increase code quality, deploy code changes, and track the evolution of software over time.
Also included in the GitLab CE stack is a fully functional Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) system that can build, test, and deploy software updates as your team produces new code. Supporting the CI/CD functionality of GitLab is a private registry for Docker containers, enabling teams to streamline updates for production deployments that are running on a microservices architecture.
Key features of GitLab CE include
- Efficiently manage repositories with forking, conflict resolution for merges, quick commit-reverts, and groups consisting of multiple people sharing a namespace for projects
- Issue board for managing, organizing, and visualizing agile software projects
- Fully functional CI/CD, with versioned build script, build pipelines, container registry for Docker images, and deployment to multiple environments
- Mattermost-based messaging built in for chat-ops
- GitLab Web Editor enables editing of merge requests, files, and directories from the web interface
- Secure authentication with LDAP and Active Directory, two-factor auth, and CAS integration
- Deep integration with existing tools like JIRA, and the ability to configure an external PostgreSQL database using the Omnibus package
More on GitLab CE
The Bitnami GitLab CE stack uses the standard GitLab Omnibus package, enabling easy updates- simply access the machine via secure shell, run a simple update command, and the application updates itself!
Why use the Bitnami GitLab CE Stack?
- Consistent between platforms