Redmine is a very popular Rails-based open source bug tracker to help you manage issues and tasks for multiple projects. It is extremely flexible, features a built-in wiki, time tracking, custom fields, role-based access, SCM integration (including git), and support for multiple projects. Redmine has many of the same features you’d find in an enterprise bug tracking system, but of course it’s open source and completely free software. Redmine has an clean interface that makes it easy to define your first project and get started.
With Redmine, you can define multiple projects and track issues on each project independently. Users can have different roles on each project and Redmine also supports custom issue types and workflows. The interface is easy to use and activity feeds ensures that users are always up-to-date on issue status changes. Finally, Redmine is easily customizable with plugins freely available in the Redmine Plugin Directory.
Bitnami Redmine Stack
The Bitnami Redmine Stack makes it easy to get started with Redmine. You can use it to run Redmine in the cloud, virtually or locally. Important benefits of the Bitnami Redmine Stack are:
- Simple: The stack includes all the necessary dependencies (including Apache, MySQL, Ruby on Rails and Subversion) so you don't need to download or configure anything to get started.
- Integrated: Everything you need to run Redmine is configured and ready to go, so you can be productive within minutes of deploying it.
- Secure: We update our Redmine stack every time a new Redmine version is released, ensuring you always have the latest security and bug fixes.
- Free: Our stack is freely available under the Apache 2.0 license (individual components may have different licenses).
Redmine Cloud Hosting with Bitnami
There are many options for hosting Redmine, ranging from traditional hosting providers to cloud services. Cloud hosting is generally more cost-efficient and scalable compared to traditional hosting. By combining the Bitnami Redmine Stack with Bitnami's various cloud hosting options, you get one-click Redmine installation and configuration in the cloud.
Some of the key benefits of using Bitnami to host your Redmine deployment are:
- One-click install: The Bitnami Redmine Stack comes with everything pre-configured, so you can begin using Redmine immediately.
- Backups: Bitnami provides browser-based backup tools, allowing you to take incremental snapshots of your Redmine data hourly, daily or weekly. Backups can be easily restored, giving you maximum peace of mind and reducing risk of data loss.
- Monitoring: With Bitnami's Web-based dashboard, you can monitor your Redmine server in the cloud, keep track of performance and optimize as needed.
With Bitnami, you can launch your Redmine instance in either the Amazon, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform clouds. Bitnami offers an easy-to-use Web management console for both Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google users. Find out more about Bitnami Cloud Hosting for AWS, the Bitnami Launchpad for Microsoft Azure and the Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform.
Bitnami Redmine Stack Usage
You can use the Bitnami Redmine Stack to define one or more projects, then track and plan work on them. Once you've created a project, you can:
- Add users and roles.
- Add and track issues (or have your team do it).
- Plan and manage your project with Redmine's built-in Gantt charts and calendar.
- Use the project wiki and document manager to store project documents.
- Configure notifications to stay updated on issue status and changes.
- Define workflows to streamline collaboration with your team.
Redmine will also integrate with a version control tool so that development and project management workflows can be tightly connected with each other. The Bitnami Redmine Stack comes with Subversion already installed and configured.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What components are included with an installation?
See our complete and up-to-date read me document for the specific names and versions of all open source components included.
- Is it safe?
- What kind of support do you provide?
We offer a bunch of free resources for Bitnami users including:
Reviews of Bitnami Redmine Write a Review →
When i install the Redmine for the first time i don't have any problem, but when i reinstall it again i face lot of issues in reinstalling the Redmine.
I've used this for years and love it, however, I prefer to use GIT over SVN. I tried to follow instructions (some time ago now) to install and integrate git without success. I'd be a huge benefit to the community to have GIT pre-installed / configured.
Redmine stack provided is absolutely buttery smooth setup process which even i can now do without seeing on screen!
Bitnami you made my life much easier.
But i would request to please provide Redmine stack for MSSQL/Oracle Database apart from MYSQL database.
Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It handles multiple projects and subprojects.
My bitname installer is stuck for gems installation does it take so long already 20 mins passed. Can anyone suggest?