About Joomla! packaged by Bitnami
While there are a lot of content management systems out there, few can boast as many downloads as Joomla! Originally released in 2005, Joomla! has some very powerful features such as an intuitive WYSIWYG editor, content scheduling, SEO-friendly URLs, and more. You won’t feel alone or stranded if you use Joomla! because the very active and vibrant community behind the CMS has contributed thousands of free and commercial plugins, offers global and local meetups (and even a Joomla! community magazine), and commits frequently to the code base.
Key features of Joomla! include
- Use Joomla! to tell the world about yourself and your family. Modules are available for photo galleries and social media, and it's easy to create a personal online presence that reflects your family's personality and lets you share news easily.
- Joomla! makes it easy to set up an intranet presence for your company or team. Users can be assigned different roles and privileges, and the built-in file manager makes it easy to share documents and collaborate on projects.
- Joomla! is used by large, well-known companies, including IKEA, eBay and General Electric. It supports content publishing workflows, is scalable to high workloads, and can be easily extended to support new requirements.
- Joomla! can be extended with modules for inventory and order management, shopping carts and online payments, making it easy to sell products online.
More on Joomla! packaged by Bitnami
Joomla! includes all the critical features needed to manage Web content, including WYSIWYG editing, a file manager, navigation manager and templating system. It’s easy to build mobile websites and integrate RSS feeds, and Joomla! also includes built-in page caching and page compression for maximum performance. Since Joomla! uses a modular architecture, it’s easy to add new custom functionality to a Joomla! website, by installing a community or commercial plugin or even by writing your own.
Why use Joomla! packaged by Bitnami?
- Consistent between platforms