While there are a lot of content management systems out there, few can boast as many downloads as Joomla! Originally released in 2005, Joomla! has some very powerful features such as an intuitive WYSIWYG editor, content scheduling, SEO-friendly URLs, and more. You won’t feel alone or stranded if you use Joomla! because the very active and vibrant community behind the CMS has contributed thousands of free and commercial plugins, offers global and local meetups (and even a Joomla! community magazine), and commits frequently to the code base.
Joomla! includes all the critical features needed to manage Web content, including WYSIWYG editing, a file manager, navigation manager and templating system. It's easy to build mobile websites and integrate RSS feeds, and Joomla! also includes built-in page caching and page compression for maximum performance. Since Joomla! uses a modular architecture, it's easy to add new custom functionality to a Joomla! website, by installing a community or commercial plugin or even by writing your own.
Bitnami Joomla! Stack
The Bitnami Joomla! Stack is a one-click installer that lets you easily install Joomla! and its dependencies. You can use it to run Joomla! in the cloud, on your hosted server or on your local development system, in mere minutes. Important advantages of the Bitnami Joomla! Stack are:
- Integrated: Our stack includes everything Joomla! needs (including Apache, MySQL and PHP) to run, plus it's all pre-configured. There's no need to download or configure anything, you can just get started building your website instantly.
- Secure: We update our Joomla! stack every time a new Joomla! version is released, ensuring you always have the latest security and bug fixes.
- Free: Our stack is freely available under the Apache 2.0 license (individual components may have different licenses).
Joomla! Cloud Hosting with Bitnami
There's no shortage of hosting options for Joomla!. Many hosting providers offer Joomla! pre-installed, and you can also install and configure it yourself if you're willing to spend the time and effort. But using the Bitnami Joomla! Stack with Bitnami's cloud hosting options offers you a number of additional advantages:
- Backups: With Bitnami's Web-based dashboard, you can backup your Joomla! website hourly, daily or weekly. Backups can be easily restored, giving you maximum peace of mind.
- Monitoring: Bitnami offers graphical tools to let you monitor your Joomla! server's performance in the cloud and optimize your deployment as needed.
- Cloning: If you're trying to troubleshoot website problems, Bitnami's cloning feature is invaluable. It lets you make an exact copy of your production server, so that you can analyze and debug website issues in an "almost-real" environment.
- Scalability: As your website grows in popularity, you can use Bitnami's Web-based dashboard to instantly add new cloud servers or upgrade existing ones to handle the increased traffic.
- Consistency: Bitnami's Joomla! Stack works the same way locally and in the cloud. This allows you to seamlessly develop themes, extensions and content for your Joomla! website offline and transfer them to your cloud server without disruption or reconfiguration.
With Bitnami, you can launch your Joomla! instance in either the Amazon, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform clouds. Bitnami offers an easy-to-use Web management console for both Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google users. Find out more about Bitnami Cloud Hosting for AWS, the Bitnami Launchpad for Microsoft Azure and the Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform.
Bitnami Joomla! Stack Usage
The Bitnami Joomla! Stack makes it easy to create rich websites and web applications with Joomla!. Some examples include:
Personal or family website
Use Joomla! to tell the world about yourself and your family. Modules are available for photo galleries and social media, and it's easy to create a personal online presence that reflects your family's personality and lets you share news easily.
Joomla! makes it easy to set up an intranet presence for your company or team. Users can be assigned different roles and privileges, and the built-in file manager makes it easy to share documents and collaborate on projects.
Joomla! is used by large, well-known companies, including IKEA, eBay and General Electric. It supports content publishing workflows, is scalable to high workloads, and can be easily extended to support new requirements.
Joomla! can be extended with modules for inventory and order management, shopping carts and online payments, making it easy to sell products online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What components are included with an installation?
See our complete and up-to-date read me document for the specific names and versions of all open source components included.
- Is it safe?
- What kind of support do you provide?
We offer a bunch of free resources for Bitnami users including:
Reviews of Bitnami Joomla! Write a Review →
Joomla itself is a complete and powerful solution, but if we add speed, it becomes a unique software. Bitnami + Joomla = Unique Mix
I'm migrating to to a new CMS system that must support HTML5/CSS3 and joomla was the clear leader with all the extensions!
Problem was that there are SO many show stoppers, blank screens, file upload failures! that it took my CS buddy to get it (partially) working.
Overall hopeful but it's been tough out of the gate.
I installed the platform with a few simple steps. It 's all pretty simple, I had a few minutes the platform available to work.
This makes installing Joomla so easy, I use it to help kids at the local YMCA install Joomla and show them how to create basic web sites. It's so easy to use for students from as little as 6 years old. Highly recommended for new users, and experienced used who just want to make an install easier.
I'm a Joomla user since a lot of years ago and I've tested this solution from Bitnami to install Joomla!. It's an easy and quick way to deploy Joomla in your computer, a virtual machine or in the cloud. It comes totally updated and with some initial languages installed (English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Russian...).