Liferay is a lightweight yet powerful open-source platform for developing web portals. It is a popular choice by users across a range of industries because of its flexibility and ease of use. Liferay Portal includes a portal, web content management system, document management system and social collaboration services.
Why use Bitnami Liferay?
Bitnami makes it easy to run Liferay in the cloud, virtually or locally in mere minutes. Bitnami Liferay is
- Up-to-date: We track every release of Liferay and update our stack shortly after it's released.
- Secure: If ever vulnerabilities or serious security issues are discovered, we provide new versions of Liferay as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix.
- Consistent: We package Liferay consistently every time so that the experience of deploying natively, as a virtual machine or hosting it in the cloud is nearly identical.
- Free: The Bitnami Liferay stack is distributed free under the Apache 2.0 license.
We take care of compiling and configuring Liferay and all of its dependencies (third-party libraries, runtime, and database) so it works out-of-the-box. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache, MySQL and PHP. With Bitnami Liferay, you can:
- Experiment with an unlimited number of demos or plugins
- Deploy it quickly, easily and consistently
- Develop proof-of-concepts for your clients
- Save money and improve reliability
- Host Liferay in the cloud
Why choose Liferay?
Liferays’s platform comes with a number of features ready for use out of the box.
Responsive DesignLiferay is designed so that your web content looks right on screens of any size.
Native Mobile Apps SDKBuild custom mobile apps that can access data, documents, content and business functions.
Mobile Device RulesTreat different devices differently with Mobile Device Rules.
PreviewingPreview content as you develop right from Liferays’s editor.
Content TargetingSet up rules to present the right message to visitors based on search terms, region and browsing history.
Identity ManagementEasily manage your users’ credentials, profile and rights.
Multi-Site PlatformSet up rules to present the right message to visitors based on search terms, region and browsing history.
Integrated Social CollaborationLiferays’s blogs, wikis, forums and activity streams are designed to work together.
Enterprise System IntegrationCommunities built with Liferay integrate with CRM, ERP and other key systems to drive your business goals.
Documents, Workflow & PermissionsDefine workflows around documents and business processes, then use permissions to control access.
Document Management & IntegrationLiferays’s full-featured document management integrates seamlessly with Sharepoint, Filenet and Documentum.
Document SyncAccess your documents easily from both desktop and mobile devices using Liferay Sync.
Workflow DesignerDefine publishing and approval processes with Liferays’s built-in Kaleo Workflow Designer.
Coupled with Bitnami’s responsive one-click deployment and installation to the Amazon Cloud (AWS), Liferay portal is even easier to install, run and monitor with the following bolstered features:
- Automatic incremental backups
- Flexible backup retention policies
- Server scheduling
- Simplified app hosting on AWS
There are a number of good reasons to host your Portal or Server on the cloud that go beyond simple convenience.
- Cost-efficiency You only pay for the traffic and features your site uses.
- Reliability Your portal will survive anything, thanks to Liferay’s HA features and Bitnami’s cloud hosting.
- Scalability In the cloud, Liferay software has room to grow or shrink depending on your needs at any moment.
- Manageability With Liferay and Bitnami’s tuning and management interfaces, stay aware of your Portal’s performance and needs.
- Distribution Network Pick where you want your servers for the most efficient hosting and performance.
Like any piece of technology, Liferay cloud deployments will need a few tweaks as more users plug in. Dig into the Bitnami Features to learn more about how to:
- Deploy multiple Liferay instances
- Manage separate accounts for development, testing and production
- Perform regularly scheduled automated backups and restores
- Add additional services to your deployment
- Schedule on/off times for your deployments
- Monitor resource usage
More Information on Liferay
Reviews of Bitnami Liferay Write a Review →
Liferay Portal is nothing short of amazing. In fact, this platform is so powerful that I have built an entire service offering around the platform with the main selling feature being that I can deliver enterprise level projects either on my own or with a small team of 2. Unlike it's competitors, Liferay is designed by developers FOR developers with the obvious goal of making it easy to both extend and customize. It has more features than I can talk about in this little comment box. Use it right, and I guarantee you'll love it as much as I do!