About Bitnami WordPress Production-Ready Stack
WordPress Production-Ready is a pre-configured Cloud Formation Template (CFT) designed for production environments that require robust security, failover, high-performance, and fast data replication.
Its architecture provides an extra layer of security by isolating WordPress instances in different subnets. The WordPress Production-Ready template spans two availability zones in the AWS regions by default, which ensures high-availability in case any node or region goes down. Performance is also improved thanks to the use of an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) that distributes requests across nodes while the replication model does it with workloads.
The official WordPress Production-Ready Certified by Bitnami and Automattic template is free to use, and you will only need to pay AWS for its infrastructure cost.
Key features of WordPress Production-Ready include
- High-availability architecture with two availability zones and an Auto Scaling Group configured to allow you to scale dynamically the number of on-demand instances in multiple availability zones.
- Security is reinforced by allowing the instances to act as bastion hosts for inbound traffic and by managing the outbound traffic to the WordPress instances through NAT Gateways.
- High-Performance ensured with Elastic Load Balancing that distributes HTTP and HTTPS requests across the nodes. Perfect for production environments, mission-critical cases, and high-traffic websites.
- Distributed implementation with managed Amazon Aurora RDS.
- Optional Domain management and SSL certificate generation with AWS.
Why use the Bitnami WordPress Production-Ready Stack?
- Consistent between platforms