The Bitnami Cloud9 Stack is a Software Development Kit (SDK) for Cloud9. It contains a server version of the Cloud9 Integrated Developer Environment (IDE), plus tools and documentation allowing the development of plugins and customization. Cloud9 is a powerful IDE that supports 100+ programming languages. It includes pre-configured workspaces, a built-in terminal and code completion and debugging features. Cloud9 lets developers code and collaborate from anywhere on a continuously-updated platform.
The Bitnami Cloud9 Stack is an SDK, including a server version of the Cloud9 IDE that is distributed under a 'Free for Non Commercial Use' License. To learn more about the Cloud9 SDK and IDE, visit the Cloud9 website.
The Bitnami Cloud9 Stack is a server version of the Cloud9 SDK. It contains a server version of the Cloud9 IDE to be installed locally or deployed on your cloud platform of choice, plus tools and documentation. The Cloud9 SDK is provided for learning and templating, and for those who would like to build plugins and add functionality to their existing Cloud9 IDEs.
Features of the Bitnami Cloud9 Stack include:
- Live browser preview: Check and preview your web application in any one of 300+ browser/OS platform combinations.
- Terminal and debugger: Run UNIX commands in your workspace, set breakpoints and inspect variables with the built-in terminal and debugger.
- Built-in image editor: Use the built-in image editor to crop, resize, rotate or flip images, all in the same browser window.
- Integration: Connect with Mercurial and Git repositories.
- SDK: Build plugins to integrate with enterprise workflows or third-party applications using the Cloud9 SDK.
- Supports over two dozen themes for highlighting your code in over three dozen languages.
- Easily run your code from the built-in runners conveniently accessed from the run panel.
- Easily configurable to run in special modes for VIM, Emacs, or Sublime.
Why use the Bitnami Cloud9 Stack?
Bitnami makes it easy to run Cloud9 in the cloud, virtually or locally in mere minutes. The Bitnami Cloud9 Stack is:
We track every release of Cloud9 and update our stack shortly after it's released.
If serious security issues are discovered, we provide new versions of Cloud9 as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix.
With Bitnami, you get the same software stack and configuration regardless of where you are deploying Cloud9 or other Bitnami apps. This makes it easy to migrate between different platforms.
Free to try
Cloud9 is distributed under a "Free for Non Commercial Use" License. To learn more about the Cloud9 SDK and IDE, visit the Cloud9 website: https://cloud9-sdk.readme.io/docs/getting-started-with-cloud9-plugins
The Bitnami Cloud9 Stack takes care of all compiling, configuring, and dependencies, so it works out-of-the-box.
Nobody has written a review of Bitnami Cloud9 yet, why not be the first?