DreamFactory is an open source REST API platform for mobile enterprise application developers. DreamFactory enables developers to quickly connect any SQL or NoSQL database or File Storage system to any tablet, phone, or other device with a comprehensive palette of RESTful services. Additional capabilities include user management, roles and permissions, record-level access control, server-side scripting, filter string queries, and application hosting. DreamFactory generates Client SDKs for all major development environments, including jQuery, AngularJS, Sencha, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
Why use Bitnami DreamFactory?
Bitnami makes it easy to run DreamFactory in the cloud, virtually or locally in mere minutes. Bitnami DreamFactory is
- Up-to-date: We track every release of DreamFactory and update our stack shortly after it's released.
- Secure: If ever vulnerabilities or serious security issues are discovered, we provide new versions of DreamFactory as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix.
- Consistent: We package DreamFactory consistently every time so that the experience of deploying natively, as a virtual machine or hosting it in the cloud is nearly identical.
- Free: The Bitnami DreamFactory stack is distributed free under the Apache 2.0 license.
We take care of compiling and configuring DreamFactory and all of its dependencies (third-party libraries, runtime, and database) so it works out-of-the-box. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache, MySQL and PHP. With Bitnami DreamFactory, you can:
- Experiment with an unlimited number of demos or plugins
- Deploy it quickly, easily and consistently
- Develop proof-of-concepts for your clients
- Save money and improve reliability
- Host DreamFactory in the cloud
More on DreamFactory
DreamFactory dramatically reduces the time and expense of mobile projects by allowing developers to focus on the client application instead of the server-side software. Applications can be easily moved between any cloud and data center, or between development, testing and production. The DreamFactory platform is designed to provide reliability, scalability, and security for mobile deployments. It includes support for a wide range of data sources and application services to make integrations a snap.
Data SourcesDreamFactory supports data and metadata access to SQL databases including MySQL, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and PostgreSQL. DreamFactory supports a wide variety of NoSQL databases including Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SimpleDB, Azure Tables, MongoDB, MongoHQ, Cloudant, and CouchDB. For file storage DreamFactory supports Amazon S3, Azure Tables, and OpenStack Objects.
Application ServicesDreamFactory provides additional services for application development. User management features include password hashing, single sign-on, OAuth, Active Directory, Guest Users, and Open Registration. Hosting services include the ability to store and run web applications from any cloud storage system. Advanced capabilities include Server Side Filters, Events, and Scripting. Security services include the ability to control access to all data sources through detailed user roles and permissions. Lastly, DreamFactory can perform external service integration with URL parameters and HTTP headers.
- Enterprise-ready security
- Application hosting
- User management, single sign-on and role-based permissions
- Connect to any SQL database running locally, remotely or in the cloud
- Support for all popular NoSQL databases
- Support for all major BLOB storage systems
- External web services integrations
- Built-in admin console for building applications, managing roles, hooking up to data sources and more
Frequently Asked Questions
- What components are included with an installation?
See our complete and up-to-date read me document for the specific names and versions of all open source components included.
- Is it safe?
- What kind of support do you provide?
We offer a bunch of free resources for Bitnami users including:
Reviews of Bitnami DreamFactory Write a Review →
This is an excellent Rest API platform. They have a lot of resources to get you up and running and it saved a lot of time over building my own solution.
Their dynamic open-source platform for mobile application development is likely to be the next big thing. Innovation on the move.
Besides being, IMHO, the best back-end skeleton money can't buy, they respond quickly to issues on GitHub and have a full-time support staff as well. Quite nice. And the scripting feature they just released is brilliant!
Since "DreamFactory Services Platform" is such a mouthful, I urge the team to come up with something catchy. With less syllables.
How about "Marvelous"?
I have used it as a BAAS , been very happy with the work flow, and the ease of use when it comes to configuring and all those helpful video along with example code that makes it easy to debug and make things happen, also the prompt response on the forum for any issues keep up the good work
I have really enjoyed working with this tool. Very intuitive and the support has been excellent. I am looking forward to future releases.