More on DreamFactory
DreamFactory is a smart way to instantly get REST APIs for your mobile, web, and IoT projects. With DreamFactory, you can stop hand-coding REST APIs from scratch and get to work building awesome applications. DreamFactory is free, open source, and runs on any cloud platform or on premises server.
Key features of DreamFactory include
- Instant REST APIs for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep SQL support, including automatic REST endpoints for data, schema, functions, and stored procedures and API parameters for complex filters, pagination, sorting, multi-table joins, calculations, aggregation, and more
- Virtual foreign keys for CRUD operations on multiple databases with a single API call
- Instant REST APIs for file storage, cache, email, and push notifications
- Securely connects to any remote HTTP or SOAP service
- Live Swagger 2.0 API docs for all API endpoints
- User management and role-based access control on all API endpoints
- SSO authentication and stateless scaling with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- OAuth/LDAP/Active Directory integration
- Admin console to configure APIs, applications, users, roles, scripts, packages, and more
- Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X compatible. Easy to deploy on cloud platform or on premises
Why use the Bitnami DreamFactory Stack?
Bitnami makes it easy to run DreamFactory in the cloud, locally or virtually. The Bitnami DreamFactory Stack is:
We track every release of DreamFactory and update our stack shortly after it's released.
If serious security issues are discovered, we provide new versions of DreamFactory as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix.
With Bitnami, you get the same software stack and configuration regardless of where you are deploying DreamFactory or other Bitnami Applications. This makes it easy to migrate between different platforms.
With the Bitnami DreamFactory Stack compiling, configuring and all of its dependencies are taken care of, so it works out-of-the-box.
Reviews of Bitnami DreamFactory Write a Review →
DreamFactory and Bitnami responded VERY quickly; Dreamfactory support and I targeted the issue and together DreamFactory and Bitnami responded, produced the fix and posted up the new Bitnami stack. Today I installed and it worked beautifully. This is a great example of partnering and this mere mortal is grateful! Well Done! DreamFactory is exactly what I am looking for!
Connect backend databases and it makes the API for you. The file API is a subset of NoSQL, which is a subset of SQL. Everything is the same in the subset. So you can swap out backend systems. And you only learn the one API.
just hook up the DB and get an API. also does Mongo, haven't tried that yet. Easy to use, hard to believe its a free product.
I started using this a couple of weeks ago and my team of mobile developers are singing it's praises.
I have used it as a BAAS , been very happy with the work flow, and the ease of use when it comes to configuring and all those helpful video along with example code that makes it easy to debug and make things happen, also the prompt response on the forum for any issues keep up the good work